Recognizing that many types of cancer have a hereditary component, Saint Francis Medical Center is proud to offer the region’s first genetic counseling program with specialized education, care and support. Genetic counseling helps patients find and understand information about their genetic risks so they can take steps to proactively manage their health. Our highly trained genetic counselor partners with physicians to:
• Identify a patient’s individual and family risk of developing cancer
• Promote early detection through screening
• Explain complex genetic information
• Coordinate genetic testing
• Guide patients through the decision-making process
• Offer crucial support
For more information about genetic counseling at Saint Francis, call 573-331-3814.