Saint Francis Medical Center recently completed a study of case managers and adjusters who provide workers' compensation services to learn about their referral patterns and to gauge their perceptions, knowledge and experience in working with Saint Francis. The Medical Center commissioned the study to help create strategies for building stronger working relationships.
Case managers and adjusters representing firms in Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas provided in-depth interviews late this past spring.
In the interviews, Saint Francis' Occupational Medicine Clinic was well respected for its work and for the knowledge of its two occupational medicine physicians, Glen E. Cooper, DO, MPH, MRO, and Dennis J. Straubinger, DO, MPH, MRO. Some of the attributes described included:
- Seasoned physicians with a depth of experience and knowledge of occupational medicine who understand workers' compensation laws
- Knowledge of local industry, plants and job descriptions
- Excellent understanding of the mechanism of work-related injuries
- Good communications with case managers and adjusters in developing a "360 view" of injured workers' situations
- Accurate and straightforward diagnoses that lead to good treatment plans and reasonable work restrictions
- Detailed, easy-to-follow clinical documentation
- Clinic staff knowledgeable and trained in workers' compensation
In addition, the case managers and adjusters noted the very good inpatient and trauma care at Saint Francis. They specifically mentioned the top-notch care from trauma physicians, and several said they prefer the inpatient care at Saint Francis to other providers in the area.
To learn more, call Saint Francis Services to Business at 573-331-5825