Return to Index
Screening for Autism
- 9 months
- 18 months
- 24 or 30 months
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Parents Evaluation of Developmental Status
- Does your child take interest in other children?
- Does your child ever bring objects over to you to show you something?
- Does your child sometimes stare at nothing or wander with no purpose?
- Had a low birth weight
- Was premature
- Has a sibling with a developmental delay or autism
Autism spectrum disorders. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated May 6, 2013. Accessed May 14, 2013.
Autism spectrum disorders (ASDs). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/index.html. Updated August 7, 2012. Accessed May 14, 2013.
Autism spectrum disorders (pervasive developmental disorders). National Institute of Mental Health website. Available at: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/autism-spectrum-disorders-pervasive-developmental-disorders/index.shtml. Updated May 14, 2013. Accessed May 14, 2013.
Behrman RE, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 18th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; 2007.
First Signs. Recommended screening tools. First Signs website. Available at: http://www.firstsigns.org/screening/tools/rec.htm. Accessed May 15, 2013.
Goetz CG. Goetz’s Textbook of Clinical Neurology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2007.
Stern TA, et al. Massachusetts General Hospital Comprehensive Clinical Psychiatry. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Elsevier; 2008.
- Reviewer: Kari Kassir, MD
- Review Date: 03/2014
- Update Date: 05/05/2014