Return to Index
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Abnormal bleeding—This is the most common symptom. It may include:
- Bleeding between your regular menstrual periods
- Menstrual bleeding that is heavier or lasts longer than usual
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Bleeding after douching
- Bleeding after a pelvic exam
- Bleeding after menopause
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Pain during sexual intercourse or in the lower pelvic region
- Back pain
American Cancer Society website. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp.
National Cancer Institute website. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov. Accessed January 3, 2014.
National Women’s Health Information Center website. Available at: http://www.womenshealth.gov.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 12/2013
- Update Date: 01/15/2014