Return to Index
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Celery, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Onion, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Green pepper, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||1 package (10 ounces)|
|Raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Lowfat or skim milk||2 cups|
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.