Return to Index
Mouth-watering Oven-fried Fish
|Serving Size||1 cut piece|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Fish fillets||2 pounds|
|Lemon juice, fresh||1 tablespoon|
|Skim milk or 1% buttermilk||¼ cup|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 drops|
|Garlic, fresh, minced||1 teaspoon|
|White pepper, ground||¼ teaspooon|
|Onion powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish)||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon, fresh, cut in wedges||1|
Tip: For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish.
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.