Return to Index
Screening for Gestational Diabetes
- Less than 35 years of age
- Normal weight before pregnancy
- Not a member of an ethnic group with a high risk of diabetes (Hispanic American, African American, Native American, Asian American, Indigenous Australian, Pacific Islander)
- No history of diabetes in parents or siblings
- No history of abnormal glucose tolerance
- No glucose in urine
- No history of poor outcomes of pregnancy
Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated July 11, 2012. Accessed August 17, 2012.
Screening for gestational diabetes mellitus. The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada website. Available at: http://www.sogc.org/guidelines/public/121E-CPG-November2002.pdf. Published November 2002. Accessed August 20, 2012.
What I need to know about gestational diabetes. National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC) website. Available at: http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/gestational/#7. Updated December 6, 2011. Accessed August 17, 2012.
5/7/2014 4/25/2014 DynaMed's Systematic Literature Surveillance http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed: Screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus. National Guideline Clearinghouse website. Available at: http://www.guideline.gov/syntheses/synthesis.aspx?id=47907. Updated May 2014. Accessed May 7, 2014.
- Reviewer: Andrea Chisholm, MD
- Review Date: 09/2013
- Update Date: 00/50/2014