Return to Index
Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
|Normal Anatomy of the Intestines|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Abdominal cramps
- Pain that resolves with a bowel movement
- Alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation
- Loose stools
- Urge to move bowels but no stool is passed
- Urge to move bowels after having a bowel movement
- Mucus in the stool
American Gastroenterological Association website. Available at: http://www.gastro.org . Accessed March 6, 2006.
Fauci AS, Braunwald E, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine . 14th ed. New York, NY: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2000.
- Reviewer: Daus Mahnke, MD
- Review Date: 12/2013
- Update Date: 01/15/2013