Return to Index
Cardiovascular Health 201
- How common is cardiovascular disease?
- What causes cardiovascular disease?
- Am I at risk for cardiovascular disease?
- How can I reduce my risk of cardiovascular disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disease?
- What tests are used to diagnose cardiovascular disease?
- How is cardiovascular disease treated?
American Heart Association http://www.americanheart.org
Texas Heart Institute Heart Information Center http://texasheart.org/HIC/his.cfm
Health Canada http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/index%5Fe.html
Heart and Stroke Foundation http://ww2.heartandstroke.ca/
American Heart Association. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2003 Update . Dallas, TX: American Heart Association; 2002.
American Heart Association. Risk factors and coronary heart disease. American Heart Association website. Available at: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4726 . Accessed January 8, 2003.
Braunstein JB. Do you know your risk of cardiovascular disease? Heartinfo.org website. Available at: http://www.Heartinfo.org . Accessed January 8, 2003.
National vital statistics report. Centers for Disease Control . 2002;50:15-17.
- Reviewer: Michael J. Fucci, DO
- Review Date: 09/2013
- Update Date: 09/30/2013