Saint Francis Medical Center’s Family BirthPlace staff encourages friends and family to visit mothers and their new babies. When planning your visit, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Visitors can access the Family BirthPlace from the Registration Center and take the elevators to the 3rd floor.
- All visitors must check in at the front desk before visiting.
- There are no specific visiting hours and visitors are at the discretion of the mother.
- Mothers are welcome to invite a husband, significant other, or support person to stay overnight during admission. A cot and linens will be provided.
- A bracelet will be given to the mother, the baby and one other person. Only individuals with those bracelets may be alone with the baby at a given time.
- When walking in the halls, the baby must remain in his/her crib at all times.
- Visitors should wash their hands thoroughly each time they enter the Family BirthPlace or handle the baby.