Return to Index
|Total Fat||6.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||2 (5-ounce)|
|Dash of freshly ground pepper|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Marsala wine||¼ cup|
|Chicken stock||¼ cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 teaspoons|
|Mushrooms, sliced||½ cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Pound chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until ¼ inch thick.
- Combine salt, pepper, and flour on a shallow plate. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add wine and stir. Then add stock, lemon juice, and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until sauce is partially reduced.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and spoon over sauce. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken onto plates, spoon over sauce, and top with parsley.
4 very lean meats; 0.5 starches; 1 fat; 0.5 vegetables
Cook according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Toss with olive oil and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.