Return to Index
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||64 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6.5 g|
Servings and Times
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Beef round eye, visible fat removed and sliced into ¼-inch thick pieces||1 pound|
|Salt||2 dashes + ½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||2 dashes|
|Pale ale or light beer||10 ounces|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Yukon Gold potatoes (1 pound), peeled and sliced crosswise into ⅛ to ¼-inch thick pieces||2-3|
|Sweet potatoes (1 pound), peeled and sliced crosswise into ⅛ to ¼-inch thick pieces||1-2|
|Yellow onions, sliced||3|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add half of the meat and brown on both sides. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Pour beer and water into the skillet and add the bouillon cube. Scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan and then transfer the pan juices to a bowl with a pour spout or a large measuring cup.
- Add the rest of the oil to the skillet and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, layer ½ of the potatoes, the meat, the onions, and then the remaining potatoes (ie, begin and end with the potatoes). Season the top layer of potatoes with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and add the reserved pan juices.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are soft and the meat is tender, about 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
4 starches; 3 lean meats; 1 fat; 1 vegetable
Top mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and sliced yellow bell pepper. Drizzle with favorite dressing.