Return to Index
Sweet Potato Custard
Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful low-fat custard made with evaporated skim milk and no added fat.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Cholesterol||72 mg *|
|Total fiber||2 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Mashed cooked sweet potato||1 cup|
|Mashed banana (about 2 small)||½ cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 cup|
|Packed brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Beaten egg yolks (or 1/3 cup egg substitute)||2|
|Nonstick cooking spray as needed|
|Ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.