Return to Index
Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Vitamin A||50% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||1 hour, 15 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Split peas||1½ cups|
|Medium onion, diced||1|
|Medium potatoes, peeled and diced||2|
|Garlic powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Parsley, dried||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium carrots, grated||2|
- In a large pot, combine split peas and water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer until tender (1 hour).
- Add onion, potato, garlic powder, dried parsley, and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Transfer soup mixture in batches to a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Return to heat and warm through. Serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.