Return to Index
Pumpkin Curry Soup
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||680% DV|
|Vitamin C||6% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Finely chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, finely chopped||2|
|Celery, diced||1 cup|
|Curry powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1/8 teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 cup|
|Pumpkin puree||1 can (32 ounces)|
|Fat-free half-and-half||1 cup|
|Sour cream and chives for garnish|
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, coriander, and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add water and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes to develop flavors.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover.
- Blend until creamy. Serve warm or reheat to desired temperature.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chives.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.