Return to Index
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Vitamin A||60% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Cauliflower, coarsely chopped||2 cups (the equivalent of about 2 small heads)|
|Zucchini, chopped||1½ cups (1-2 medium)|
|Low sodium chicken broth||3 cans (14.5 ounces each)|
|Diced tomatoes, drained||1 can (16 ounces)|
|Uncooked elbow macaroni or small pasta shells||1 cup|
|Kidney beans or black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed||3 cups|
|Sliced carrot||1 cup|
|Chopped onion||1 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh, loosely packed basil leaves||1 cup|
- In a 5-6 quart saucepan, bring ½ cup water to boil.
- Add tomatoes, cauliflower, onion, and carrots.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini, beans, broth, and pasta. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Put all pesto ingredients in food processor or blender and process until very finely chopped.
- Just before serving, remove soup from heat and stir in pesto.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Produce for Better Health