Return to Index
Pasta e Fagioli
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained||2 cans (14½ ounces each)|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Cannellini beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Red kidney beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Green pepper, diced||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Basil leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Uncooked small shell pasta||4 ounces|
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, beans, parsley, basil, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately with whole wheat bread and side salad.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.