Return to Index
Nine Bean Soup
|Serving Size||1/12 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||81 g|
|Dietary Fiber||24 g|
|Vitamin A||6% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||2 hours|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Black beans, dried||1 cup|
|Red beans, dried||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, dried||1 cup|
|White beans, dried||1 cup|
|Split green peas, dried||1 cup|
|Navy beans, dried||1 cup|
|Garbanzo beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No-sodium black-eyed peas, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|Kidney beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No sodium diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Diced tomatoes with green chiles||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Large onion, chopped||1|
|Green onion, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||3|
- Combine black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans, split green peas, and navy beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a large stockpot; cover with water.
- Add navy beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas, and kidney beans. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, green onion, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 4; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.