Return to Index
Cantaloupe Slush With Mango
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||100% DV|
|Vitamin C||110% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||4 hours, 20 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Juice of half a lemon|
- Peel and seed cantaloupe. Cut into 1 inch pieces. (It should equal about 6 cups.)
- Place in blender or food processor with lemon juice and honey, and puree until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 9 x 12 inch glass pan and set in the freezer for two hours.
- With a fork, chip and stir the icy mixture and return it to the freezer for two to four hours.
- Peel and cut mango into long, thin, attractive slices, avoiding the pit (which is shaped like a large almond).
- Again with a fork, chip the frozen cantaloupe mixture so it resembles a snow cone or shaved ice.
- Spoon it into clear bowls, top with mango slices, and serve.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.