Return to Index
Red Pepper Frittata
|Serving Size||¼of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||70% DV|
|Vitamin C||260% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil, divided||2 teaspoon|
|Chopped celery||½ cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Dried oregano||½ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley||1 tablespoon|
|Egg substitute||2 cups|
|Red bell peppers, chopped||2|
|Chopped onions||½ cup|
- In a large oven-proof frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add the red peppers, celery, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk together the egg substitute, parsley, oregano, and black pepper. Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- In the same frying pan over medium heat warm the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the egg mixture and cook until brown around the edges. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the frittata with the parmesan.
- Place the pan about 5 inches from the heat and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve cut into wedges.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.