Return to Index
Blueberry Cranberry Muffins
|Serving Size||2 muffins (24 total)|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||59 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Baking powder||4 teaspoons|
|Vegetable oil||1/3 cup|
|Fat-free sour cream||1/3 cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Fresh or frozen blueberries, unthawed if frozen||4 cups|
|Dried cranberries||8 ounces|
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir to mix.
- Combine milk, oil, sour cream, and egg substitute in a medium bowl and beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the well all at once. Stir until just moistened.
- In a medium bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of sugar and blueberries and toss to coat with sugar. Stir gently into batter just until blueberries are distributed.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes, until light golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool on wire rack for 3-4 minutes, then remove muffins from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.