Return to Index
Nectarine and Almond Breakfast Gratin
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||6% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Butter, cut into small pieces, plus an additional teaspoon||1 tablespoon|
|Egg substitute||¼ cup|
|All purpose flour||¼ cup|
|Nectarines, thinly sliced||2 cups|
|Almonds, coarsely chopped||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- Using 1 teaspoon of the butter, grease an 8- or 9-inch gratin dish or other shallow baking dish, then sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Arrange the fruit in the dish.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and salt and whisk together. When well-mixed, gradually whisk in the flour.
- Pour this cream-like batter over the fruit. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, butter, and almonds over the top.
- Bake until the batter is set, the butter melted, and the fruit cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
California Tree Fruit Agreement