Return to Index
Broiled Star Fruit With Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||60% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Medium-size star fruit, trimmed and each sliced into 8 stars||4|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Light brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Sugar-free, fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt||2 cups|
- Place a broiler rack 6 inches from source of heat. Preheat broiler.
- Arrange star fruit slices on a baking sheet and brush with lemon juice. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil until sugar bubbles and begins to darken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop frozen yogurt into 4 dessert dishes.
- Top each serving with 4 star fruit slices. Serve immediately.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.