Return to Index
Reducing Your Risk of Social Anxiety Disorder
- See your doctor as soon as you notice the symptoms of social anxiety disorder.
- Continue therapy if suggested by your therapist
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs use.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid the following drugs: ephedrine, phenylephrine, isoproterenol, antipsychotic medication, diet pills, drugs for flu or colds, and steroids.
- Attend support groups.
- Attend family or marital counseling if needed.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 12/2015
- Update Date: 12/20/2014