Return to Index
Beef Broccoli Stir-fry
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||23.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||¼ + 1 teaspoon|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thin strips||½ pound|
|Water||¼ + ¼ cup|
|Ground ginger||¼ teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 cups|
- Combine 2 teaspoons soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beef strips in a plastic resealable bag. Toss to coat and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, then stir in ¼ cup water, sesame oil, ginger, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set sauce aside.
- Heat canola in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and beef to pan and stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until beef is browned, then remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add broccoli to pan and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add ¼ cup of water, cover, and steam about 2 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir sauce, then add sauce and beef to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and beef is heated through. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
3 lean meats; 1.5 fats; 1 vegetable