Return to Index
Linguini With Beef and Wild Mushrooms
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon|
|Top-loin strip steak||½ pound|
|Salt||¼ + ¼ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|Garlic clove, thinly sliced||1|
|Wild mushrooms (eg, crimini or shiitake), cleaned and sliced||6 ounces|
|Low-sodium beef broth||8 ounces|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste over beef, and then add to the skillet; cook for about 1 minute on each side, until nicely browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the broth and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Return beef to pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired degree of doneness.
- Slice beef and serve with mushroom sauce over the pasta.
4 lean meats; 2.5 starches; 2 fats; 1 vegetable
Look for fresh, refrigerated version of this soup in your grocery store.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Add 1 sliced zucchini, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and fresh pepper to taste. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until soft and slightly browned.