Return to Index
Penne With Shrimp and Spinach
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Penne pasta||4 ounces|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Medium or large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined||½ pound|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Basil, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Baby spinach||4 cups|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 tablespoons|
|Water to boil pasta|
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. When pasta is done, reserve ½ cup of the water and drain the rest.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Then, turn shrimp over and add the garlic and basil. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.
- Add spinach, pasta, and reserved cooking water to the skillet and mix until spinach is just wilted.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
2.5 starches; 3 very lean meats; 0.5 lean meats; 1 fat; 1 vegetable
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Slice 1 large tomato in half, horizontally. Place tomato halves, cut side up, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle each half with 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, a dash of salt, and a dash of pepper. Top each half with a ½ teaspoon drizzle of olive oil. Bake for about 25 minutes. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 28 calories; 4.5 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g protein; 1 g fat (0 g sat); 1 g fiber; 196 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1 vegetable.