Return to Index
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Chinese egg noodles (such as lo mein or chow mein)||4 ounces|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Small onion, chopped||½|
|Red bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Small zucchini, chopped||1|
|Unsalted peanuts, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Peanut sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Dried chili, seeded and finely chopped (optional)||1|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, but omit fat and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook for 3 minutes, until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium, add pepper and zucchini, and cook for another 8-12 minutes, stirring often.
- Add peanuts and cook for another minute.
- Whisk together peanut sauce, vinegar, chili, salt, and pepper.
- Toss noodles, vegetables, and dressing together in a large bowl and serve.
3.5 fats; 2.5 vegetables; 2.5 starches
Mix 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, and ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper together in the bottom of a medium bowl. Toss 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage, ½ cup thin strips of peeled carrot, and ½ cup thinly sliced snow peas with dressing and serve. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 65 calories; 10 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g protein; 2.5 g fat (0 g sat); 2.5 g fiber; 17 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1 vegetable; 0.5 fat.