Return to Index
Spaghetti With Turkey Meatballs
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Ground turkey||4 ounces|
|Italian-style turkey or chicken sausage, casings removed if possible||4 ounces|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Flat-leaf parsley, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1 + 1|
|Dried thyme||½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Small white onion, chopped||½|
|Crushed tomatoes||14-ounce can|
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, sausage, egg white, Parmesan, parsley, 1 garlic clove, thyme, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 1-inch balls and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add meatballs to sauce, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 15 minutes, turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley.
3 medium-fat meats; 2 starches; 1 vegetable