Return to Index
Grilled, Stuffed Portabellas
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||7.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Portabella mushroom caps||4 large|
|Olive oil||1 + 2 teaspoons|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Shallot, chopped||¼ cup|
|Yellow bell pepper, diced||½ cup|
|Zucchini, diced||½ cup|
|Plum tomatoes, seeded and diced||2|
|Fresh basil, chopped||1 + 2 tablespoons|
|Dried marjoram||¼ teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper to taste|
|Non-stick cooking spray|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella||½ cup|
- Remove mushroom stems (if present) and scrape out the brown gills from the undersides of the caps using a spoon.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon oil and lemon juice, and then brush all over the mushroom caps.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallot, bell pepper, and zucchini, and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, 1 tablespoon basil, and marjoram, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill rack or indoor grill with non-stick cooking spray and then place the mushroom caps stem-side down on the grill. Grill mushrooms for about 5 minutes on each side, until soft.
- Remove mushrooms from grill, fill with the vegetable mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese. Return mushrooms, filled-side up, to the grill. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped basil.
3 vegetables; 1 fat
Cook according to package directions.