Return to Index
Exercise 101: Sit-Ups
|© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Lie face up on an exercise mat.
- Bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the floor, or put your lower legs up on a bench while maintaining a 90° angle at the hip and knee.
- Place your arms across your chest or down at your sides.
- Lift your head off the floor but avoid pulling yourself up by your neck.
- Curl your upper body off the floor toward your thighs until your upper back is off the floor.
- Exhale during the upward movement.
- Lower your shoulders down in a controlled manner while keeping your feet on the floor or your lower legs on the bench.
- Inhale during the downward movement.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 08/2016
- Update Date: 08/08/2016