Red Cross Blood Drive
October 27 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The American Red Cross has a CRITICAL need for blood donors. Only three out of 100 Americans donate blood – and that is not enough to meet the need. Roll up your sleeve, and give the gift of life!
A mask is required.
Reserve Your Time Slot Today!
Be sure to input the sponsor code SaintFrancisMedicalCenter (no spaces) when scheduling your appointment.
- Schedule online at RedCrossBlood.org
- Download the Red Cross app on your phone or mobile device
Did You Know?
- Blood shortages are not uncommon. Yet more than one-third of the public has never considered that blood may not be available when they or a loved one need it.
- All donations are being tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Blood donations that test positive for these antibodies could provide convalescent plasm for COVID-19 patients.
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Donating blood after receiving the COVID-19 vaccination does not reduce your protection from the virus.
- African American and Latino populations have a higher frequency of type O blood than other races and ethnicities and play a critical role in meeting the need for type O blood.
- In most states, there is no waiting period to give blood after getting a tattoo.
Learn more at RedCrossBlood.org.