Red Cross Blood Drive
February 23 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The American Red Cross has a CRITICAL need for blood donors. Only three out of 100 Americans donate blood – and that is not enough to meet the need. Roll up your sleeve, and give the gift of life!
Reserve Your Time Slot Today!
Be sure to input the sponsor code SaintFrancisMedicalCenter (no spaces) when scheduling your appointment.
- Schedule online at RedCrossBlood.org
- Download the Red Cross app on your phone or mobile device
Did You Know?
- Blood shortages are not uncommon. Yet more than one-third of the public has never considered that blood may not be available when they or a loved one need it.
- All donations are being tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Blood donations that test positive for these antibodies could provide convalescent plasm for COVID-19 patients.
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Donating blood after receiving the COVID-19 vaccination does not reduce your protection from the virus.
- African American and Latino populations have a higher frequency of type O blood than other races and ethnicities and play a critical role in meeting the need for type O blood.
- In most states, there is no waiting period to give blood after getting a tattoo.
Learn more at RedCrossBlood.org.