Did You Know?
Southeast Missouri is ONE of 3 major colon cancer HOT SPOTS found in the entire United States that has a 40% higher risk of death due to colon cancer than the national average.*
While this is an unsettling statistic, more than 90 percent of colon cancer cases can be prevented or successfully treated with early and regular screenings. If you are age 50 or older, or have a family history of colon cancer, a colonoscopy screening is the best way to take charge of your health and eliminate your risk.
Early detection is everything. Call 573-331-3996 to schedule your colonoscopy.
Learn More by Watching Dr. Freeman on “Gut Check!”
Give yourself a healthier, longer life and more peace of mind. View the helpful videos below to find out more about the following colon cancer topics:
- What is colon cancer and who is at a higher risk?
- Elevated risk for colon cancer in southeast Missouri
- Colon cancer symptoms
- What is a colonoscopy? And why is it so important?
- Common excuses for avoiding a colonoscopy
- Benefits of a high-fiber diet and active lifestyle
- Cologuard – an alternative, non-invasive colon cancer screening option