Mold in the bathroom? Clean it out! Not only because it’s ugly, but also because it’s hazardous to your health.
“Mold is an irritant that needs to be removed,” says Victoria E. Adjovu, MD, internal medicine physician at Saint Francis Medical Center. “Inhaling it harms your lungs and airways. It can even lead to chronic problems. If there’s mold in your bathroom – or anywhere else in your house – don’t ignore it. Remove it.”
Mold particles in the air can lead to a host of respiratory ailments, such as coughing, wheezing, congestion, sore throat and sneezing. Exposure to mold can worsen asthma symptoms and trigger allergic reactions. Long-term or high-level exposure can cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis, whose symptoms include inflamed lungs and difficulty breathing.
For more information, visit
www.sfmc.net/dev-2015 or call 573-331-3000.