On Saturday, September 13, Fitness Plus will celebrate 10 years of fitness and wellness with a community open house from 9 am to noon.
During the event, guests can tour the award-winning facility and try group exercise classes for free. Twenty-minute demonstrations of more than 10 different classes will be offered between 9 am and noon, including yoga, RIP, PiYo, step, cycling and more. A two-hour Zumbathon will be held in the Multipurpose Room from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Zumba is a Latin dance-inspired cardio-based workout that tones then entire body. Dance experience helps but is not required. Participants can stop by for a sample or stay for the full two hours.
Since 2004, Fitness Plus has not only become a staple of Saint Francis Medical Center, it has become the leading medically integrated fitness facility in the region. Fitness Plus is proud to have 415 charter memberships who have been the facility since the beginning.
“Fitness Plus’ success comes directly from the success of our members,” says Doug Friese, Fitness Plus director. “We could not have come this far without the loyalty and commitment of all of those who use the facility. So here’s to you and all of the long hours spent working toward each and every goal. You are the reason Fitness Plus is able to reach its goals, and we thank you for that.”
Over the years, Fitness Plus has won many awards for its services and facility, including:
- Number One Medical Fitness Center in the Country by the Medical Fitness Association (MFA), after only being in operation for less than three years
- 2011 Best of Aquatics by Aquatics International magazine.
- Second place finish in the 2013 and 2014 MFA National Walking Challenge
- Nova 7 Award for Facility Design, Construction and Decoration sponsored by Fitness Management magazine
- Featured facility in September 2007 issue of Healthcare Design and Architect Colorado magazine
- Distinguished Service for Management Excellence in Medical Fitness Center Leadership for an Administrator by the MFA
- Honorable Mention for Program Innovation by the MFA
For more information about the open house, group exercise demonstrations or Zumbathon, please call Fitness Plus at 573-331-3355.