Saint Francis Medical Center wants to make sure that your child is safe when left at home alone or under the watch of a babysitter. To help ensure this safety, the Medical Center offers the Safe Sitter program for boys and girls ages 11 to 13 to prepare them to babysit or stay home alone. This course supplies young adults with the knowledge of first aid, CPR and behavior management techniques.
For preteens who want to start babysitting, being certified in the Safe Sitter program is very beneficial, teaching such useful tasks as:
- How to recognize medical emergencies and know the appropriate actions to take
- How to prevent injuries
- How to prevent choking and what to do if choking occurs
- How to perform infant and child CPR
- How to have fun with children
- The business of babysitting
- Online and social media safety
All of the course highlights will enhance the knowledge of babysitters and ensure that children are under the watch of qualified young adults.
The course includes lunch and official Infant and Child CPR certification.