For people resolving to lose weight and gain a healthier lifestyle in the new year, Saint Francis Medical Center asks, “What do YOU have to lose?” Whether it’s pounds, inches or cholesterol points, Saint Francis offers three effective programs for people who want to shed pounds and live healthier lives: Fitness Plus, The Healthy Weigh and Weight Loss Solutions.
Whether it’s creating a fitness plan with a trainer or working out at Saint Francis’ Fitness Plus facility, changing eating habits with The Healthy Weigh program, or even thinking about bariatric surgery at Weight Loss Solutions, patients have the power to transform their life with one of these programs. Since every person and every goal is unique and important, patients can choose the weight-loss program – or combination of programs – that will work best for them.
For people who want to firm up and lose weight, get the most out of a fitness program or introduce healthy changes into their lifestyle, Fitness Plus can help. As one of the nation’s top facilities for fitness, wellness, nutrition and rehabilitation – and the only medically integrated fitness facility in Missouri – Fitness Plus has everything anyone would need to meet their health and wellness goals in one convenient location:
- More than 90 free fitness classes every week
- The region’s largest indoor track
- A lap pool, recreation pool, whirlpool and warm water therapy pool
- Babysitting services and youth activities
- Modern locker rooms with saunas, steam rooms and more
The Healthy Weigh
This effective weight loss program, developed by HMR® (Health Management Resources), uses diet solutions that teach patients how to lose weight safely, keep pounds off and improve overall wellness through healthy eating habits and increased physical activity. It’s great for those looking to lose 10 to 100 or more pounds. It incorporates:
- Lifestyle education and personalized attention
- An easy-to-follow meal plan
- Tasty, nutritional, full-course entrees, shakes and bars
- Weekly coaching from an HMR health educator
- Delicious recipe suggestions
Weight Loss Solutions
Led by bariatric and general surgeon, Ryan A. LeGrand, MD, the new Weight Loss Solutions bariatric surgery center offers two surgical options for men and women who struggle with ongoing weight problems and are serious about making a lasting lifestyle change:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – A thin, vertical sleeve of stomach is created and the rest is removed, limiting the amount of food eaten and helping patients feel full sooner.
- Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass – A small portion of the stomach is sewn/stapled together to make a small pouch to limit food intake. It bypasses part of the intestines to reduce calorie absorption.
For more information about any of these weight-loss programs, call 573-331-3000.