Linx for Reflux Disease
- The LINX device is a small, flexible ring of magnetic beads that is placed around the esophagus at the lower esophageal sphincter to mimic the natural barrier to reflux and eliminate GERD.
- Magnetic attraction of the device is designed to close the LES immediately after swallowing
- The LINX System is designed to expand to allow for normal swallowing
- Outpatient, minimally invasive procedure – typically takes 40 minutes to complete
- Unlike the traditional fundoplication, a surgical technique that strengthens the barrier to acid reflux when the sphincter does not function normally, LINX does not alter the gastric anatomy.
- Patients are encouraged to resume a normal diet immediately following the surgery and most can return to work and resume their activities within a few days.
- May help to prevent serious associated conditions such as adult-onset asthma, chronic cough and esophageal inflammation and scar formation