The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program is funded annually by Saint Francis Foundation and Saint Francis Auxiliary for the fall school semester. Students pursuing a career in healthcare or professionals seeking to advance their healthcare career can choose from 22 scholarships opportunities, worth up to $2,000 each. Applicants may receive one scholarship per year for a maximum of two years.
The Steven C. Bjelich Executive Scholarship is available to graduate students pursuing a Master’s degree in healthcare administration and awards $5,000 to one recipient every two years.
The deadline for completed applications is 5 pm on June 30, 2022.
- Students must have successfully completed one year as a student in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students’ mailing address as indicated on the application must be within the Saint Francis Service Area.
- Students must submit a fully completed online application and all required documentation by the established deadline. Applications received after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
The following should accompany the online application:
- Most recent official college transcript.
- Letter of verification of current enrollment in a professional curriculum as a student of an accredited healthcare program. Must include accrediting agency in letter.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (one academic, one personal).
- Response to essay question found on application.
- A scholarship selection committee will review all online applications and score the essay (one third of total score).
- All applicants will be notified by August 12, 2022 by email if they are selected to receive a scholarship
- Scholarship recipient checks will be made payable to the college as indicated on the application.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, handicap or veteran status. Scholarship recipients are under no obligation to apply for or accept a position at Saint Francis Healthcare System.
2019 Scholarship Committee Members
- Debbie Balsano, Auxiliary
- Norman Glaus, Foundation Board Emeritus
- Dori Lage, Foundation Board Emeritus
- Stephanie Nanney, SF Colleague, Former Recipient
- Maurice Sandfort, Healthcare System Board Emeritus
- Becky Swoboda, Human Resources Colleague
Healthcare Scholarship Committee
|Hospital Clinical/Ancillary Staff Member||Daniel Asmus|
|Auxiliary Board Member||Betty Carroll|
|Foundation Board Member||Lori Fowler|
|Scholarship Donor Member||Lisa Newcomer|
|Human Resources Representative||Darryl Minner|
|Hospital Clinical/Ancillary Staff Member||Dan Williams|