Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Effective January 1, 2012, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) adopted new requirements for the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). NRP was developed to introduce the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation to physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and emergency service personnel who participate in neonatal resuscitation.
Course completion now consists of two parts:
- Part One: Online test covering content
- Part Two: Live classroom skills portion
Participants study the comprehensive textbook and then take the mandatory online exam. Upon successful completion of the online exam, participants print a certificate for verification, which admits them to a class with an NRP instructor for skills training, simulation and debriefing.
Once the online testing process has been initiated, the AAP requires it be completed within 14 days. Participants then have up to 30 days to complete the in-person skills test. Participants will be required to demonstrate proper resuscitation skills during the live classroom program.
This course has been approved for contact hours by MONA.
$120, to be paid at the time of registration by a check made payable to Saint Francis Medical Center
This course is free for Saint Francis colleagues
- 2/6/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- 3/27/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- 3/27/2019 (Wed.): 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 5/1/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- 7/24/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- 9/25/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- 10/23/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- 11/20/2019 (Wed.): 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Saint Francis Medical Center (Training Room A)
To register, call 573-331-5841.