Welcome to Saint Francis Medical Center
Saint Francis Medical Center is a 308-bed facility serving more than 713,000 people throughout Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. Guided by our mission to provide a ministry of healing and wellness inspired by our Catholic philosophy and values, we have become a progressive, innovative regional tertiary care referral center.
Our major service lines, which have received national recognition, include:
- Cancer Institute
- Family BirthPlace, featuring the region’s first Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Fitness Plus
- Heart Hospital
- Level III Emergency and Trauma Center with Convenient Care
- Neurosciences Institute
- Orthopedic Institute
Saint Francis Medical Center has been named one of the top 100 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine for six consecutive years—an honor no other employer in Missouri has achieved. The prestigious program is open to companies across the healthcare industry—hospitals, service companies, suppliers, payers and others—with at least 25 employees. Saint Francis was the only hospital in the state named to the list for 2012.
Who We Are
Saint Francis Medical Center is a Catholic healthcare provider. The Medical Center’s belief in God’s love for us and our love for God and neighbors is the guiding principle that affects who Saint Francis is as a healthcare facility and what it does in its healing ministry.
Saint Francis endeavors to follow Christ’s healing tradition, witnessing God’s loving presence among all people, safeguarding the sacredness and dignity of human life, and providing care to all who seek help.
Saint Francis follows the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. To view the Directives, click here.
The Medical Center’s commitment to this philosophy is carried out daily through the following values that guide and direct its work.
The mission of Saint Francis Healthcare System is to provide a ministry of healing and wellness inspired by our Christian philosophy and values.
Philosophy and Values
- We respect the dignity and worth of each person and strive to promote the rights of our patients.
- We are dedicated to caring and compassion for all whom we serve. Their needs of body, mind and spirit are our first priority.
- We are committed to quality service through continuous quality improvement, teamwork and collaboration.
- We encourage innovation through an empowered workforce as a way of achieving healthcare services that embrace our philosophy, values and mission.
- We believe in community stewardship and will work in collaborative partnership with others to help assure affordable and accessible services for all people of this region.
Saint Francis Annual Report
To learn more about the Saint Francis Healthcare System, please download our 2016 Annual Report.