As a service to our patients, Saint Francis Medical Center submits our bills to your insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid. We will do everything possible to expedite your claim. If you have no health insurance, our patient account representatives can discuss financial arrangements with you. We can also help you apply for Medicaid or other government assistance programs. Please visit our Financial Assistance page for more information.
Please remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Even though our facilities may be contracted with your carrier, not all services provided by Saint Francis Healthcare System may be covered by your specific plan. To better facilitate payment by your carrier, please verify with your carrier’s member benefits department that you have plan specific coverage prior to receiving services. You will be financially responsible for payment of your Medical Center bill. Status of contract will need to be verified at the time of service, so please bring a copy of your insurance card with you to your Medical Center appointment. Your employer or insurance company may require additional forms as well. Please familiarize yourself with the terms of your insurance coverage to ensure you are meeting all requirements prior to your care. Call your insurance carrier if you have any questions.
We accept Medicare and Medicaid, as well as insurance plans from the following providers:
Contracted Commercial Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Incorporated
- In-Network First Health PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- In-Network: Blue Access, PPO
- Out-of-Network: Blue Preferred, Pathway, HMO, New Directions Behavioral Health (Wal-Mart BCBS)
*Saint Francis Outpatient Center Imaging Poplar Bluff, Sikeston Imaging Center and Advanced Orthopedic Specialists providers are in network with Anthem Pathway and Anthem Blue Preferred products. Saint Francis Medical Center (hospital) and other Saint Francis Medical Partners providers are not in networks with these plans.
- Cigna Health Care
- Out-of-Network: Connect Network – Marketplace Plan, Cigna Behavioral Health Network
- Coalition America, Inc.
- Comp Care of the Ozarks
- Compresults, LLC
- Coventry Health Care
- Out-of-Network: MHNet Behavioral Health Services
- Cox Health Plans
- Evolutions Prime Missouri
- Great Rivers Network
- Healthlink® HMO
- Healthlink® PPO
- Saint Francis Health Plans
- Out-of-network: UnitedHealthcare Compass Benefit Plans, Navigate Benefit Plans, Core Benefit Plans, Charter Benefit Plans
Contracted Medicaid Plans
- Missouri Medicaid
- In-Network: Missouri Care, Home State Health Plan, Traditional Medicaid – Mo Healthnet, Cenpatico Behavioral Health Services, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- Illinois Medicaid
- In-Network: Traditional Medicaid – Illinois Public Aid (IPA), BlueCross Community Health Plans, Harmony Health Plan, Aetna Better Health of Illinois (IlliniCare Health), Meridian Health Plan
- Out-of-Network: Molina Healthcare, CountyCare Health Plan
- Healthy Blue Mo
- Kentucky Medicaid
- Arkansas Medicaid
Accepted Government Plans
- Traditional Medicare
- All Medicare HMO, PFFS, PPO Plans
- Saint Francis Medical Center is Contracted with United Healthcare Medicare Plan, Anthem Medicare Advantage, Aetna Gold Advantage, Aetna Coventry
- UnitedHealthcare VA Community Care Network
- Veterans Administration
Additional Insurance Information
To best meet the needs of our valued patients and the communities we are privileged to serve, Saint Francis continuously reviews available contracting options. If there are concerns about insurance coverage, please talk to your human resource department or insurance company to ensure that Saint Francis providers are within network. Your employer may exclusively exclude Saint Francis from your insurance plan.
Please monitor this webpage for updates or feel free to contact our Patient Financial Services Department by email or by phone at 573-331-5217 (option 4). Our Customer Service Specialists can assist with verifying the current status of insurance plans and contracts.
MO Health Matters offers a collection of videos featuring people who care about the health of their community and state.