Cape Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine will be closed on Monday, December 25 and Monday, January 1 in observance of the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please proceed immedidately to the nearest Emergency Room.
Comprehensive Sleep Medicine in Cape Girardeau
In collaboration with the Sleep Disorders Center at Saint Francis Medical Center, Cape Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine provides specialty care to patients with problems related to breathing and sleeping. Highly skilled physicians work in conjunction with respiratory therapists and sleep technologists to offer comprehensive care, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary diseases, such as asthma, chronic cough, cystic fibrosis, and tuberculosis
- Respiratory therapy services
- Assessment and diagnosis of sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and nocturnal myoclonus
- Sleep studies in the southeast Missouri region’s only American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)-accredited lab
- General pulmonology, sleep medicine, and critical care medicine for patients and those receiving long-term acute care at Landmark Hospital
Minimally Invasive Biopsy with Ion
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death for both men and women in the United States. According to the American Lung Association, only 16 percent of lung cancer cases are diagnosed at an early stage.
Utilizing the Ion endoluminal system, Saint Francis is able to offer minimally invasive biopsies for the detection of lung cancer. The flexible robotic end reaches far into the peripheral lung, where more than 70 percent of nodules exist. By navigating to difficult-to-reach areas of the lung, providers can better diagnose lung cancer at its earliest, most treatable stage.
Yearly low-dose CT screenings are recommended for individuals aged 50 to 80 who currently smoke or have quit in the past 15 years and have at least a 20-pack-year smoking history. If a low-dose CT detects a lung nodule, a biopsy follows to determine if the nodule is benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
|Monday:||8 am||-||4:30 pm|
|Tuesday:||8 am||-||4:30 pm|
|Wednesday:||8 am||-||4:30 pm|
|Thursday:||8 am||-||4:30 pm|
|Friday:||8 am||-||4:30 pm|