As a service to our patients, Saint Francis Medical Center submits our bills to your insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid. We will do everything possible to expedite your claim. If you have no health insurance, our patient account representatives can discuss financial arrangements with you. We can also help you apply for Medicaid or other government assistance programs. See Financial Assistance for more information.
Please remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Even though our facilities may be contracted with your carrier, not all services provided by Saint Francis Healthcare System may be covered by your specific plan. To better facilitate payment by your carrier, please verify with your carrier’s member benefits department that you have plan specific coverage prior to receiving services. You will be financially responsible for payment of your Medical Center bill. Status of contract will need to be verified at the time of service, so please bring a copy of your insurance card with you to your Medical Center appointment. Your employer or insurance company may require additional forms as well. Please familiarize yourself with the terms of your insurance coverage to ensure you are meeting all requirements prior to your care. Call your insurance carrier if you have any questions.
We accept Medicare and Medicaid, as well as insurance plans from the following providers:
Contracted Commercial Insurance Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- In-Network: Blue Access, PPO
- Out-of-Network: Blue Preferred, Pathway, HMO, New Directions Behavioral Health (Wal-Mart BCBS)
- Cigna Health Care
- Coalition America, Inc.
- Comp Care of the Ozarks
- Compresults, LLC
- Coventry Health Care
- Out-of-Network: MHNet Behavioral Health Services
- Cox Health Plans
- Evolutions Prime Missouri
- Great Rivers Network
- Healthlink® HMO
- Healthlink® PPO
- United Healthcare
- In-Network: Choice, Choice Plus, Choice EPO, Choice POS, Options PPO, Select
- Out-of-Network: Compass, Core, Charter, Navigate, Optum Behavioral Health
Contracted Medicaid Plans
- Missouri Medicaid
- In-Network: Missouri Care, United Healthcare Community Plan, Home State Health Plan
- Out-of-Network: Cenpatico Behavioral Health Services
- Illinois Medicaid
- Kentucky Medicaid
- Arkansas Medicaid
Accepted Government Plans
- Traditional Medicare
- All Medicare HMO, PFFS, PPO Plans
- Veterans Administration
Click here to view a collection of videos from people who care about the health of their community and state. Videos are provided by MO Health Matters.
If you have additional questions or would like to verify status of contracts, please contact the Business Office at 573-331-5256.