Fitness Plus – Right to Cancel
Consumer’s Right to Cancellation
The member may cancel their membership agreement without penalty or further obligation within three (3) business days from his/her joining date. The member’s notice of cancellation must be in writing, signed and sent to Fitness Plus by certified or registered mail or by completion of appropriate cancellation form (located at Fitness Plus), delivered in person to the Fitness Plus Administration Office. The member must return with his/her notice of cancellation, all agreements, documents or any other evidence of membership at Fitness Plus.
Membership Dues and Charges
Membership constitutes a contractual commitment to pay Fitness Plus dues until a 60 day written notice of cancellation is received. Withdrawal from Fitness Plus, except for the detailed reasons listed under “Rights to premature cancellation” will not relieve the member from fulfilling his/her obligation. Notice of cancellation must be in writing, dated, signed and sent to Fitness Plus by registered mail or by completion of an appropriate cancellation form (located at Fitness Plus) delivered in person to the Fitness Plus administration office.
Rights to Premature Cancellation
The member may also cancel their membership agreement for any of the following reasons. Additionally, the member has a right to a prorated refund of monthly dues in the event that he/she paid for his/her annual membership in full and he/she cancels prematurely for one of the following reasons:
- If, upon a medical doctor’s written order, the member cannot physically receive the services because of significant physical disability. A 30-day written notice from both the physician and the member is required.
- If the member moves his/her residence more than 40 miles from Fitness Plus, proof of new residency is required as part of the member’s 30-day written notice.
- If the member is deployed or called to duty in any of the recognized military services of the United States. Proof of Deployment or Call to Duty is required as part of the member’s 30 day written notice.
- If the member dies, his/her estate shall be relieved of any further obligation for payment under the contract not then due and owing.
- If the services cease to be offered as stated in the agreement.
Premature cancellation under items 1, 2 and 3 require a 30-day written notice and will become effective on the last day of the month following the month in which the 30-day notice is received. Cancellation notification must be in writing, signed and sent to Fitness Plus by certified or registered mail or by completion of the appropriate cancellation form (located at Fitness Plus), delivered in person to the Fitness Plus Administration Office.