24 Local Students Awarded Healthcare Scholarships
Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary awarded healthcare scholarships to 24 local students in August. Twenty three of the students were awarded $2,000 in scholarships toward a degree in a healthcare-related profession. One student received an executive scholarship for pursing a master’s degree in healthcare administration and received a $5,000 stipend annually for two years for a total of $10,000. The newest executive scholarship is named in honor of former Saint Francis president and CEO, Steven C. Bjelich.
The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program was established in 1980. Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary fund the program. Since its inception, the program has provided nearly $660,000 in education scholarships to college students in an effort to encourage participation in professional healthcare careers. Scholarship recipients must have completed at least one year in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled, maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA and complete the application and essay requirements by the scheduled deadline. They must also reside within the Saint Francis service area, as defined in the application.
The 2018 Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program Recipients are:
- Jaden Barnes, MO – Earl Jr. and Lori Wills Memorial Scholarship
- Kendall Barnes, MO – Joseph and Harriette Hunter McCrate Scholarship
- Adeline Beussink, MO – Mamie Hall Memorial Scholarship
- Rachel Birkman, MO – Clara D. Newnam Memorial Scholarship
- Paige Brown, MO – Bernadean Campbell Memorial Scholarship
- Breiona Catching, MO – Saint Francis Auxiliary 125th Anniversary Scholarship
- Melinna Craft, MO – Raymond A. and Lillian K. Ritter Scholarship
- Emma Derickson, MO – Raymond A. and Lillian K. Ritter Scholarship
- Kaleigh Eastep, MO – Saint Francis Foundation Scholarship
- Alyson Fluchel, MO – Saint Francis Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship
- Allison Hotop, MO – Evalyn and S. David Nunley Scholarship
- Lauren Kranawetter, MO – Huttegger-Scherer Memorial Scholarship
- Caleb Likens, Cape Girardeau – Edythe M. Davis Scholarship
- Alan Miller, MO – Carrie Suedekum Memorial Scholarship
- Kirsti Pohlman, MO – Ken Hayden Memorial Scholarship
- Macy Shively, MO – Saint Francis Auxiliary Physician Honor Scholarship
- Eileen Sievers, MO – Lucy Ellen Towse Memorial Scholarship
- Kayla Uhrhan, MO – Sisters of Saint Francis Nursing Scholarship
- Zachary Vogel, MO – Lee George and Katherine Jane Cochran Memorial Scholarship
- Tatum Wallace, MO – Christen Joyel Aufdenberg Memorial Scholarship
- Emily Weber, MO – Susan Kluesner-Hinkebein Memorial Scholarship
- Jacob Wren, MO – Bess Estes Healthcare Scholarship
- Angela Wright, MO – Mark F. Scully Scholarship
- Kandra Voshage, MO – Steven C. Bjelich Executive Scholarship
The members of the 2018 Scholarship Committee include: Debbie Balsano, Dori Lage, Jessica Riley, Debra Schumer and Becky Swoboda.
For more information about the Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program, call 573-331-5133 or visit the Saint Francis Foundation scholarship page.