Leading Edge Wound Care in Southeast Missouri
The Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center is a specialized center for the treatment of chronic wounds. Certified medical specialists with advanced training in wound management use leading-edge technology and therapies to treat wounds that have resisted conventional treatment.
Chronic wounds treated include:
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Crush injuries and severed limbs
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Ischemic ulcers
- Necrotizing infections
- Postoperative infections
- Postsurgical incisions
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation wounds
- Skin grafts and muscle flap salvage
- Skin tears and lacerations
- Traumatic injuries
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Wound dehiscence
The Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center provides a multidisciplinary approach to wound management on an outpatient basis. A team of vascular surgeons and other Saint Francis Medical Center staff work together to identify the specific cause of a patient’s non-healing wound before developing an individualized treatment plan.
Aggressive standardized wound treatment includes:
- Wound assessment
- Transcutaneous oxygen monitor tests
- Tissue oxygenation
- Vascular studies and revascularization (when needed)
- Infection control
- Wound debridement
- Skin grafting
- Protective devices
- Patient and family education
With an appropriate diagnosis, Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurers cover wound care and Hyperbaric treatment.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Cape Girardeau
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is appropriate for patients with severe wound ischemia or tissue damage. Having patients breathe 100 percent pure oxygen at increased atmospheric pressures increases the oxygen level in the tissues, which promotes healing and helps fight infection.
A Record of Excellence in Wound Care
Each year, the Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center provides treatment to patients during more than 5,000 visits:
- Of wounds treated at the Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center, 90 percent were healed within 16 weeks. *
- On average, wounds treated at the Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center heal in 10 weeks. *
- The Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center staff exhibits a 99 percent limb salvage rate. *
- Patient satisfaction scores for “Likelihood of Recommendation” and “Caring Physician” exceed 98 percent. *
* From May 1, 2011-April 30, 2012
No referral is needed to receive wound care at Saint Francis in Cape Girardeau. To make an appointment, call 573-331-5330.