Focused on Your Needs
WomanCare focuses on the needs of today’s woman and provides you with peace of mind. Our physicians, on-site surgeons, specially trained nurses and radiology technologists educate, examine, test and treat your unique healthcare needs. The facility offers comfort and convenience, as well as state-of-the-art technology.
The full array of state-of-the-art equipment and all-digital breast imaging services available at WomanCare includes screening and diagnostic mammography, breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy and breast MRI.
Our dedicated, multidisciplinary team of radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists contributes to the clinic’s ongoing success in fighting cancer.
A Comprehensive Breast Health Center
WomanCare provides education, examinations, testing and breast cancer surgery and treatment through its state-of-art facility in the region. Radiologists and surgeons are on site to collaborate on breast cancer cases and patients receive timely feedback on mammography test results.
ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
American College of Radiology (ACR) has designated WomanCare a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. This recognition shows that we have achieved high practice standards and earned accreditation in all the latest tools for early detection and breast cancer treatment.
Breast Cancer Diagnosis
The advance detection tools at WomanCare to find breast cancer early, when treatment is most effective, include:
- Tomosynthesis, or 3-D digital mammography, enables radiology technologists to obtain breast images from multiple angles, reducing the potential for patient callbacks to obtain additional imaging scans.
- Digital Mammography with computer-aided detection provides enhanced electronic breast imaging.
- Breast ultrasound is used when a mammogram shows an indistinct mass or a lump is found during an exam, with no radiation exposure.
- Breast MRI diagnoses certain breast cancers at an earlier stage.
- Stereotactic breast biopsy is a minimally-invasive way to biopsy a breast abnormality identified through mammography. Benefits include improved accuracy, faster recovery, minimal pain and discomfort, lower cost and lower complication rates compared with surgical biopsy.
Advanced Breast Cancer Treatment Center in Cape Girardeau
After diagnosis, breast cancer treatment quickly follows in our Cape Girardeau office. Treatment may include:
- Surgery (lumpectomy, mastectomy, double mastectomy)
- Radiation therapy
Through our affiliation with the Saint Francis Cancer Institute, we offer comprehensive oncology services.
In addition to breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, WomanCare offers breast imaging, care and management, as well as DEXA scans without management. The ordering provider examines the DEXA results and manages the care.
Breast Cancer Support Group
The RESTORE and Power of Pink Breast Cancer Support Group provide a venue for recently diagnosed breast cancer patients to meet the challenges common during the early stages of their cancer journey. Learn more on the Support Groups page.
Health and Fitness
Maintaining a healthy weight through proper nutrition and exercise is critical to a woman’s health. Fitness Plus and the Saint Francis Wellness department offer fitness and nutrition classes and counseling. The Healthy Weigh is an innovative new weight-loss program that offers lifestyle education, personalized attention, and long-term weight and health management. Weight Loss Solutions at Saint Francis Medical Center provides possibilities to those who struggle with ongoing weight problems. This new surgery center offers three wonderful weight-loss surgery options for those seriously considering a lasting lifestyle change. Visit Fitness Plus, our fitness center, or learn more about The Healthy Weigh, a weight loss program that incorporates diet solutions from Health Management Resources® (HMR).
To learn more about the services and programs available through Saint Francis WomanCare, call 573-331-5209.