A Cape Girardeau native, Dr. James Edwards is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon providing care for a wide array of orthopedic injuries. Joining Advanced Orthopedic Specialists in 2008, he brought advanced shoulder repair techniques to the region, and also specializes in sports medicine. A former baseball player, Dr. Edwards understands the impact injuries can have on athletes and works diligently to get them back in the game as soon as possible.
What I enjoy most about being an orthopedic surgeon is helping patients get back to doing activities they love.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 1997 - University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, Columbia, MO
- 1998 - University of Missouri - Columbia Hospital, Columbia, MO
- 2002 - University of Missouri - Columbia Hospital, Columbia, MO
- 2003 - Knoxville Orthopedic Clinic, Knoxville, TN